Tips for Success
Choosing the right color management system for your needs can be daunting. There are a variety of products to choose from, with a range of price points and features. Your purchase decisions will impact your color workflow immediately, and in the future as well. Where should you begin?
Here are some tips on how to choose the best color management system for your environment.
- Define your goals and requirements clearly
What do you want to achieve with your color management system? Here are some things to consider.
- Will you be working with RGB files only, or with both RGB and CMYK files?
- How accurate should the final CMYK file be? Will your converted CMYK file be sold as a final print, or be used as a contract proof?
- Do your layouts include vector art?
- Do you use Pantone colors and spot colors? If so, must they print accurately?
- Technical installations and maintenance—how much if any, are you willing to undertake and commit to?
- Get informed
Once you’ve defined your requirements and goals, take advantage of available resources to determine what meets your needs. These could be:
- Someone who has a color management system installed
- A website dedicated to color management information and resources, such our site (www.rodsandcones.com)
- Get Advice
Call Rods and Cones—our experts can help you save time and money. We prepare a detailed proposal listing not only price and description of labor, but also the strategy and training required for your team.We can also help you choose the most appropriate peripherals to complement your color management system, such as printers, monitors and scanners.
Work with a company with years of experience and a long list of satisfied clients. Our track record is unparalleled. Give us a call and we’ll help you achieve your color management goals, within budget.
Call 1 (831) 421-0131 Contact: email@example.com